NYCEDC has recently launched the Bio & Health Tech Entrepreneurship Lab NYC, a prestigious 6-month training and mentorship program for aspiring entrepreneurs in New York City’s life sciences and healthcare technology community. The first in their series of Eds & Meds NYC 2020 initiatives, the Lab provides extensive support to early-career researchers and engineers, post-docs, and graduate students of science interested in forming new biotech and health tech ventures.
Launched in partnership with the Bloomberg Administration and led by a team of experienced entrepreneurs, the Lab is designed to:
- Develop a more vibrant ecosystem for entrepreneurship and venture creation in the City’s academic life sciences and healthcare communities
- Teach entrepreneurial business concepts to aspiring entrepreneurs, including concepts that are fundamental to the life sciences and healthcare industries
- Define a clear path for NYC’s entrepreneurially-minded graduate students and post-docs to start or join new commercial ventures based in NYC
- Build a local platform for the next generation of life sciences and healthcare technology entrepreneurs in NYC
The Program is held annually and features a mini-MBA curriculum, expert coaching, pitch preparation support, team building activities and access to a community of seasoned entrepreneurs, investors and mentors. This year's renowned advisory board includes:
- Jahan Ali, Director, BioAccelerate NYC, NYC Investment Fund
- Sundeep Bhan, Co-Founder & CEO, Medivo
- Andras Forgacs, Co-Founder & CEO, Modern Meadow
- Yin Ho, Co-Founder & CEO, Context Matters
- James McCullough, Co-Founder & CEO, Exosome Diagnostics
- Micah Rosenbloom, Co-Founder & CEO, Sample6 Technologies
- Todd Sherer, CEO, Michael J. Fox Foundation
- David Steinberg, Partner, PureTech Ventures
The Lab is seeking 20 talented individuals and teams passionate about the world of entrepreneurship and commercializing important innovations for patients. Now accepting applications on a rolling basis until December 28, 2012, the 6-month program will launch in January 2013 with sessions to be held in midtown Manhattan. Please find the application on www.elabnyc.com.
Information Sessions about Entrepreneurship Lab
Join the information session to find out how you can be a part of this exciting new program.
Date: Wednesday, December 12, 2013: Register Here
or Monday, December 17, 2013: Register Here